Dog with hr covering eyes, nose, and tongue
Disease in dog (with photo)
Disease in dogs
Eye injury, Dog
Eye Injury (with photo)
Gastrointestinal (GI) problems
Hemorrhage, Nosebleed (with photo)
Hip dysplasia (DDH)
Mastitis (with photo)
Puppy health (with photo)
Viral Infections, Dogs
Composition of blood
Congenital (born with)
Facts of blood
What is blood?
What does blood do?
Why is blood red?
What is hemoglobin?
What is red blood cell?
What is white blood cell?
Types of blood cells
What is anemia?
What is a tumor?
What is cancer?
What is a parasite?
What is a poison?
What is an accident?
Common diseases of dog
Antibodies: immune system
Antigens: viruses and bacteria
Immune system disorders
Polycystic kidney disease
# Table of Contents
1. Cover image
2. Title page
3. Table of Contents
6. About the Authors
9. I: The Dog, His Health, and You
1. Chapter 1: The Human and Dog Connection
2. Chapter 2: Your First Step in Becoming a Great Dog Owner
3. Chapter 3: The Role of a Veterinarian
10. II: Understanding Dog Health and Health Care
1. Chapter 4: What Your Dog Is Saying
2. Chapter 5: The Different Types of Signs and Symptoms of Disease
3. Chapter 6: Your Role as a Partner with the Vet
4. Chapter 7: The Vibrant Human-Animal Bond
5. Chapter 8: Communicating with the Vet
6. Chapter 9: The Big Five
11. III: Diseases: The Different Kinds
1. Chapter 10: Ear Disease
2. Chapter 11: Eye Disease
3. Chapter 12: Ear Infection and Otitis
4. Chapter 13: Digestive Disorders
5. Chapter 14: Heart Disease
6. Chapter 15: Kidney Disease
7. Chapter 16: Lung Disease
8. Chapter 17: Musculoskeletal Disorders
9. Chapter 18: Neurologic Disorders
10. Chapter 19: Nutritional Problems
11. Chapter 20: Pn Management
12. Chapter 21: Preventive Care and First d
12. IV: Vaccines and Worming
1. Chapter 22: What Is a Vaccine?
2. Chapter 23: Vaccines: Where Do They Come From?
3. Chapter 24: Vaccines and Health
4. Chapter 25: How Do I Get My Puppy Vaccinated?
5. Chapter 26: Vaccines for Adult Dogs
6. Chapter 27: Vaccine Schedules
7. Chapter 28: Which Puppy Vaccine to Use?
8. Chapter 29: Vaccines and the Immune System
9. Chapter 30: Vaccines and Adverse Reactions
10. Chapter 31: The Worming Period
11. Chapter 32: Worming Methods
13. V: Skin Problems
1. Chapter 33: Canine Skin Diseases
2. Chapter 34: How Does the Skin Work?
3. Chapter 35: Skin Diseases
4. Chapter 36: Skin and Coat Care
5. Chapter 37: Skin Infections
6. Chapter 38: Hr Care
7. Chapter 39: Skin Parasites
14. VI: Urinary and Reproductive Problems
1. Chapter 40: Urinary and Reproductive Problems
2. Chapter 41: Male Health Problems
3. Chapter 42: Female Health Problems
4. Chapter 43: Reproductive Problems
5. Chapter 44: Reproductive Problems
6. Chapter 45: Urinary and Reproductive Problems
7. Chapter 46: Female Urinary and Reproductive Problems
8. Chapter 47: Urinary and Reproductive Problems
9. Chapter 48: How Does the Dog Reproduct?
10. Chapter 49: An Urological Problem?
15. Appendix A: An Urological Problem?
16. Appendix B: Urological Parasites
3. Start Reading