Information

Is oleander poisonous to dogs

Is oleander poisonous to dogs


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Is oleander poisonous to dogs?

by: Anonymous

reply 1

03/20/2013

Does this answer your question?

[quote]

According to The Purdue University Vet School, it is toxic to horses. But you are referring to the plant, not the toxic substance.

I used to love it until I tried to give it to my dog. She ate a few leaves and then stopped eating.

[quote]

I've never heard of it being poisonous to cats, but it probably is to a few different dogs, if that was your question. It might be worth a try to give them a small taste (but no more than a tablespoon of leaves) to see how they react.

If it doesn't do any harm then perhaps you can try agn with a more concentrated amount, say a whole handful of leaves. If the taste is unpleasant, then you could try making the leaves into a tea with water.

[quote]

Yes, I agree with all of the above comments. It may be a problem if your dog ingests any of the toxic compounds in the leaves. But as the others have mentioned, it's likely harmless even if it is just the plant itself. And you can just get the leaves for cooking.

By the way, I would think that a cat wouldn't eat that much of it (unless it is really hungry and starving).

[quote]

According to The Purdue University Vet School, it is toxic to horses. But you are referring to the plant, not the toxic substance.

I used to love it until I tried to give it to my dog. She ate a few leaves and then stopped eating.

[quote]

I've never heard of it being poisonous to cats, but it probably is to a few different dogs, if that was your question. It might be worth a try to give them a small taste (but no more than a tablespoon of leaves) to see how they react.

If it doesn't do any harm then perhaps you can try agn with a more concentrated amount, say a whole handful of leaves. If the taste is unpleasant, then you could try making the leaves into a tea with water.

[quote]

Yes, I agree with all of the above comments. It may be a problem if your dog ingests any of the toxic compounds in the leaves. But as the others have mentioned, it's likely harmless even if it is just the plant itself. And you can just get the leaves for cooking.

By the way, I would think that a cat wouldn't eat that much of it (unless it is really hungry and starving).

[quote]

According to The Purdue University Vet School, it is toxic to horses. But you are referring to the plant, not the toxic substance.

I used to love it until I tried to give it to my dog. She ate a few leaves and then stopped eating.

[quote]

I've never heard of it being poisonous to cats, but it probably is to a few different dogs, if that was your question. It might be worth a try to give them a small taste (but no more than a tablespoon of leaves) to see how they react.

If it doesn't do any harm then perhaps you can try agn with a more concentrated amount, say a whole handful of leaves. If the taste is unpleasant, then you could try making the leaves into a tea with water.

[quote]

Yes, I agree with all of the above comments. It may be a problem if your dog ingests any of the toxic compounds in the leaves. But as the others have mentioned, it's likely harmless even if it is just the plant itself. And you can just get the leaves for cooking.

By the way, I would think that a cat wouldn't eat that much of it (unless it is really hungry and starving).

By the way, the plant itself is not poisonous to cats, dogs, or any of the other animals it is used to poison and torture the humans it loves. It's the poison that kills them.

By the way, there are no poisonous plants. Poisonous plants kill by means of poisons that they produce, as do the animals that consume them, but that's not what poisons are.

by: jaywalker from: New York

reply 6

03/20/2013

I have heard about this before. It isn't poisonous, just the leaves can cause some upset stomach and diarrhea. Some dogs do not like the flavor but some really do and won't eat anything else.

By the way, the plant itself is not poisonous to cats, dogs, or any of the other animals it is used to poison and torture the humans it loves. It's the poison that kills them.

By the way, there are no poisonous plants. Poisonous plants kill by means of poisons that they produce, as do the animals that consume them, but that's not what poisons are.

So the plant doesn't make anything that's a poison and the poison does the killing? But how did it work on the horses?

[quote]

Yes, I agree with all of the above comments. It may be a problem if your dog ingests any of the toxic compounds in the leaves. But as the others have mentioned, it's likely harmless even if it is just the plant itself. And you can just get the leaves for cooking.

By the way, I would think that a cat wouldn't eat that much of it (unless it is really hungry and starving).

[quote]

I have heard about this before. It isn't poisonous, just the leaves can cause some upset stomach and diarrhea. Some dogs do not like the flavor but some really do and won't eat anything else.

[quote]

So the plant doesn't make anything that's a poison and the poison does the killing? But how did it work on the horses?

The poison is the compound that's found in the leaves.

In the horses it causes kidney flure


Watch the video: Η δηλητηριώδης πικροδάφνη Nerium oleander (May 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos