Snail grain poisoning in dogs: symptoms

Snail grain poisoning in dogs: symptoms

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Snail grain poisoning is very dangerous for dogs and must be treated by the veterinarian as soon as possible. In order to detect such poisoning, you should be well aware of the symptoms with which it manifests. Caution snail grain: be careful that your dog eats nothing from the ground - Image: Shutterstock / Anna Hoychuk

If a dog eats a large amount of snail grain that is toxic to him, the symptoms will appear about 30 to 60 minutes later. They can be very different - how strong and in what form they occur depends on the amount of poison ingested and the physical condition of the dog.

Symptoms of snail grain poisoning

With snail grain poisoning, the dog suddenly becomes restless, breathes quickly, pant heavily and salivates more. Vomiting and diarrhea occur - colored poisonous granules and blood can be seen in the vomit. Severe tremors and fever can also occur. The animal's gait can appear to fluctuate, its movement uncoordinated. Warning: Even if you initially only notice slight symptoms, you should immediately consult a veterinarian if you suspect snail grain poisoning, because the sooner he starts treatment with an actual poisoning, the better the chances of recovery for the dog.

Reduce the risk of poisoning

In order to keep the risk of snail grain poisoning to a minimum, you should be careful and - especially with a young, curious dog - make sure that he eats nothing from the ground if possible. If, despite all caution, you see your four-legged friend picking something up off the floor, immediately take it away and startle it with a strict "Out!". Then take a close look: Snail grain is a granular, blue or white poison that is usually laid out in flower beds. If you discover such a substance and fear that your dog has eaten it, you should consult a veterinarian as a precaution. If you have a dog bag or other sealable container at hand, you should pack some of the poison and take it to the veterinarian. Since other poison - for example rat poison - looks very similar, a sample helps to be able to quickly determine the toxin and initiate the correct treatment.

How to make your garden dog-safe

If you want to make your garden dog-safe, you should on the one hand eliminate sources of danger, on the other hand ...

You may also be interested in these dog health articles:

Caution toxic! Food that dogs should not eat

Danger to life for dogs from barbecues

Dangers in the garden: These substances are toxic to dogs

0 comments Login to comment

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos