Is a Golden Pothos Vine Poisonous to Dogs?

Golden pothos (Epipremnum aureum), known also as pothos, devil’s ivy, taro vine and ivy arum, is a common houseplant with smooth, leathery, heart-shaped leaves, commonly mottled with yellow or white. Unfortunately, pothos is extremely toxic and should be kept out of Fido’s reach.

Symptoms of Golden Pothos Toxicity

The toxic compound found in golden pothos is calcium oxalate crystals and, in some species, proteinase. When your dog chews or ingests these plants, symptoms include an intense burning sensation of the mouth, lips and tongue; throat or airway swelling; difficulty breathing or swallowing; excessive drooling; and gastrointestinal upset. If your dog consumes large amounts, convulsions, renal failure, coma and death can occur. Any of these symptoms should spur a visit to the vet.


Watch the video: PROPAGATING GIANT GOLDEN POTHOS (January 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos