Information

Long-Term Effects of My Dog Eating Grapes


Some of the everyday foods you eat with no issues are toxic to your dog. Death can result in as few as three to four days; dogs who survive may suffer from long-term kidney disease.

Symptoms and Prognosis

Because no definitive quantity of grapes or raisins is known to make a dog sick, any case of ingestion should be considered potentially dangerous. The initial signs of toxicity, the ASPCA reports, include vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy; report them immediately to your veterinarian. Early medical intervention provides the best chance for avoiding or surviving acute renal failure, which can occur in dogs within 24 hours or a few days after eating grapes or raisins. The prognosis for a dog who survives can include long-term renal failure or kidney disease, which may require ongoing treatments, careful monitoring of hydration and diet, and frequent veterinary checkups.

References


Watch the video: This is what happens to you when you eat 15 GRAPES a day (November 2021).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos